Friday, June 10, 2005

Back from Advanced Bionics

Hi,

I am back from California - and I really had a blast being with Advanced Bionics staffs and also with volunteers like me!

I am an volunteer with Advanced Bionics - the reason I am doing this is that I am giving back to the company for everything they worked so hard for my hearing. And the best thing of all is that staffs at Advanced Bionics are are SO COOL!

The volunteers who came to the meeting are from Canada and United States - and they are awesome! They really gave me lots of pride in being a volunteer. Some volunteers have own cochlear implant and some are parents of children with their own cochlear implants. All of volunteers really enjoyed doing helping patients and parents with cochlear implants and more.

We had a presentations, meals, dinner, beers, and even we had a tour of the plant where they manufacture every piece of implant and processor. These were handmade, done American Way, and often labor intensive. The production staffs do have pride in every single cochlear implant that goes into every patient like me.

It was a great experience being with Advanced Bionics. I am still thinking of it, too.

No comments: