Monday, June 20, 2005

Been only 18 days being bilaterial... and it is working!

Hi,

It has been only 18 days since the activation of my left implant - and things are getting stranger and more interesting. Read on:
  1. I can now understand some of words in the song - which I never heard that before.
  2. I can understand more new words over the radio, which is unexpected to me.
  3. I can understand what people said, more than ever.
  4. Even in extreme noisy places, it is so unreal to hear and understand people talking very clearly and without any problems...
  5. I cannot use one implant anymore - I believe that my mind gets frustrated when that happens. Ergo, I have to use both implants all the time. For example, several times as the power in the left implant battery ran out, I get "weird sensations" inside me as if my body is telling me to change out the battery fast, fast, fast!!!...
  6. I really can locate the source of sound much better than ever - and I just spotted a noisy cricket in the dark tonight.
  7. I really can "see" the room of people talking with my eyes closed...
  8. I have never felt this confidence this huge ever before in my life...
  9. I am talking and listening more over the phone than ever, too...
  10. The noisy places like Wal-Mart, HEB Grocery Stores, downtown, airports, and many more are no longer distracting anymore and was able to take more time there...

The best part of all, is that the sounds around me are even more pleasant and sounded very natural to me all the time!

Thanks for reading this blog!

Dan

No comments: