Friday, June 03, 2005

Listening to the Mass Media...

Hi,

Today is my second day of hearing with left cochlear implant and 435th day (1 year, 2 months, 9 days) with my right cochlear implant... and I really enjoy listening to music more than ever.

The "Great Hearing Adaptation Process" is underway for my left ear. I still hear all those beeps and booppps in my left ear.... very nice, very sweet. SWEET!!!

I always know that hearing the music can help me to learn more of what these the beeps, beeeeeeepppps, and boooeeepps represent... so I can get more out of my bionic cochlear faster and much sooner than I want to. (Being in silence won't do any good!) I listen to many downloaded MP3's, radio, CD's, TV's and more. (try without closed captioning,too!)

Also I like to listening the talk shows - it does not matter if I misunderstand some words I heard, but it helps me to understand the differences between musical and voiced sounds. This is very important and critical for better listening skills.

Someday soon, all these beep's will go away in my left ear, but I will be hearing normally as much as my right ear does. Our minds are so adaptable!

Enjoy!

No comments: