Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Ultimate 3-D Surround Sound System... in my head!

I just had a second remapping of my left bionic ear and 23rd mapping of my right bionic ear ( I think so) - and my hearing is much better than before. I am no longer hearing any beepings in my left ear, but now I am trying to hear more new sounds. But -

The best thing of being a bi-lateral is hearing the world in 360 degrees and 3-D SURROUND SOUND. Whoa!!! This is way better than anything else I have tried before.

One night, I had a dinner with a large group, I learned that I can hear lots of people talking around me - my mind was able to tell me where they are, how far they are, and more. Then I closed my eyes for a moment, I still can see the whole room just by hearing. Even they moved around, I still can follow them, too. Whoa. I did not even realize to experience that. It was one wild moment for me.

One time, I heard the incoming footsteps in my left ear - and I went to that direction to check it out. But I passed the stairway and then I can hear it again in my right ear as it was from the stairway. I didn't trust my mind, so I waited to see if my mind was right. Yes, these footsteps was coming down from the stairway as a gentleman was stepping down. It was only 6 days of hearing with my left ear and as bi-laterial.

I am learning that I can hear many more by being bi-laterial! Whoa. Sweeeet!!!!

No comments: