Thursday, June 02, 2005

Second Sounds!!! (Left Bionic Implant ACTIVATED!)

Beeeeooppppp..... beeeeeeoooooppppp!

I just got my left implant activated this morning. Wow!! It is so nice to hear it again, too. It is so pleasant to hear, and no more virbration at all. The sounds (actually "beeps") are smooth and crispy to hear it. It is very different from what heard the first time on my right ear a year ago. But I really like it!

My daugher, Sophia, almost 8 months old, has been very helpful with me with my "Second Sounds" experience. She made lots of voices, clapping, and banging to be sure that my implant is working. She is right! She smiled big, too! And my wife Lizzie videotaped this moment.

Wow, I really like to hear both of my bionic implants at same time... wow... and I can even tell where all the sounds is from... and I am very pleased. In my left ear, I am still hearing beeps, but it does not matter today because I am learning to hear all over again, with help from the right ear... and I am not yet overwhelmed, but I think I will be very pleased all the way!

I am ready for hearing new sounds!!!

No comments: